Wow, I cannot believe that I got nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. That is surprising, I don’t think I’ve ever been nominated for anything – so this is truly an honor. Blue Mom nominated me (thank you so very much!), if you are not already following her, please subscribe to her blog! She is very active and dedicated to helping other blue collar moms with parenting advice, ways to save money and thoughtful opinions about a lot of current trends and topics (she also posts with helpful recipes, artist spotlights and reviews on products and books).
What is the Mystery Blogger Award
It’s an award for bloggers that other bloggers nominate them. It was started by Okoto Enigma and on her site she describes the mystery blogger award as:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Milly Schmidt (keep pressing on, what you do inspires me!)
- Cunningham Chronicles
- Hockey Mom Fit Life
- MTB Fresh
Questions for Nominees:
- What is your favorite food and why?
- Do you have any New Year’s ambitions or goals?
- What do you like to do in your down time?
- What was the brief backstory to why you started your blog?
- What else besides blogging keeps you busy and engaged?
Three Things About Myself:
- I am from Wyoming, born and raised (typically I find I’m the one person everyone knows from this state!)
- I am a complete type A, ambitious, get-it-done type of personality, which I think carries over to my career very nicely.
- I am an extrovert and can strike up a conversation with anyone even if I don’t know them, this trait will be coming to good use if we do indeed moving as planned this summer.
Some of my Favorite Recent Posts
Questions For Me
1. What makes you nostalgic?
Actually this is the perfect time of year to be answering this question after the holidays, Christmas definitely makes me feel nostalgic as it was always the big family holiday growing up. My grandma created this Christmas Eve tradition of making a home made spaghetti meal (she was a tiny 100% Sicilian). We still do it and I was able to go back home this past Christmas to attend, which meant a lot as I live out of state and I’m not able to go home too often for the holidays (at times that is my choice to avoid the crowds and chaos).
2. What’s your favorite part of the holidays
I really love spending time with family over the holidays and I enjoy doing things for other people, I don’t care really about getting gifts but really enjoy buying things for people and thinking about things that I can do for others. I have been blessed so much, it is a time of year to be reminded of that and to try to think about what I can do for others in my life. Right now I’m having a hard time connecting with moms in person as I work full-time and a lot of the moms I know are at home full-time with their kids but I try to offer to babysit when I can or offer to watch kids so others can go grocery shopping, etc
3. What makes you unreasonably angry?
Interesting question, I’m not the type of person who gets angry easily. It takes a lot for me to get truly upset. I would say overall that I get frustrated by entitled or arrogant people. It also upsets me when people guilt trip others into doing what they want to manipulate others. That and non-genuine people who have hidden agendas really rub me the wrong way.
4. What is your biggest dream?
I want to continue learning and getting better each day, and challenge myself to do new and different things (this blog is one of those). I have found that I don’t feel as engaged or involved in things when I’m doing the same thing with little variety each day. I enjoy the unexpected and stretching myself to do things I didn’t think I could do – it’s not always enjoyable at the time but I so appreciate it afterwards looking back. I look forward to the little daily pleasures in life and aim to be the best wife and mom that I can be – one day and week at a time.
5. Weird Question: What’s your favorite shoe and why?
I really like wedge shoes! I’ve found that they have a nice look, they can often be dressed up and down and give me a little extra height. As I’ve gotten a bit older, I don’t enjoy wearing long heels (this might have something to do with my 1/4 mile walk to and from my office when I commute to work). I think these shoes also have a bit of spunk and personality which I appreciate 🙂
Thanks again to Blue Mom and your interesting and encouraging posts – keep it up!
If you have a chance, please visit my blog and see what I have been up to lately.
I’m so appreciative of what Martin Luther King Jr. has done for our nation and a day dedicated to remember this wonderful man and all that he fought for.
See you next time,
Down to Business Mom